Annons:
Tagbehavior-food-health
Read 2651 times
Mejalin
2017-02-11 22:21

Are your rabbit castrated

As the topic says, is your rabbit castrated?

-'  Malin Hultman, Host of Rabbit Savvity
Snowflake's Kaniner - Breeding of showjumping rabbits in Sweden
Blog | 500px | Instagram

Annons:
Bunnykinns
2017-02-12 22:10

Yes both of my rabbits are. Tiger wasn't until he was over a year old, but Dougie's previous owners had him done at just a few months. I'm not sure if this has affected their personalities, or it's just a coincidence, but Tiger still try's to hump my friends girl rabbits when they come to stay with us for their "holidays" whereas Dougie has never shown interest in humping anything, to be honest it's like he doesn't understand it at all. My friend's girl rabbits have all been done, yet they hump each other all the time!

Instagram @bunnykinns17

benjie_and_luna
2017-02-27 21:36

Yep, both my rabbits are fixed! Benjie was castrated before we got him, as he's a shelter rabbit and they make sure all their rabbits (at least the males, they've started castrating some females as well) are fixed before leaving for their new home. We decided that Luna should be too because of the large risk of cancers in female rabbits. She's Moulting more often than before, but other than that we haven't noticed any behaviour changes.

Mejalin
2017-02-28 06:47

Two of my four own rabbits is kastrated. :) The fift rabbit maybe get kastrated, he kind of need it.

-'  Malin Hultman, Host of Rabbit Savvity
Snowflake's Kaniner - Breeding of showjumping rabbits in Sweden
Blog | 500px | Instagram

Maleficum
2017-02-28 11:42

My rabbit is castrated. At first I got him as a breeding buck but then he started to go blind and he tested positive for Encefalitozoon cuniculi and after he got completely blind he got castrated (on my computer table :P), mostly because he really loved the dog and sprayed him with pee all the time and didn't leave him alone.

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

4happybuns
2017-02-28 19:29

Yes, my 2 boys are fixed. But the girls are not

rc1542
2017-02-28 19:59

One of nineteen is castrated, happily living together with one of my elder breeding does and they absolutely adore each other. I plan on castrating three or four more of my boys, but I haven't gotten to it yet. After that I plan to finally put more of my rabbits in pairs/groups. I have so few does and few of them get along so I hope maybe the guys can charm the ladiesLaughing

Annons:
ZebraSalt
2017-02-28 20:40

All the three of my rabbits are castrated. My little bunny girl went all crazy by the hormones allways angry and horny, hehehe…. The morning when she woke me up by sniffing on my head and then turning her but towards my head and splashing pee all over me I did decied that it's time for you and me to go to the veterinary today. Mohahaha. Unfortuantly , I do have a very similar story to tell about my second rabbit. He to, did pee me right in my face, grrrrr. But sweet revenge, they all got under the knife later.

KaninenKnut
2017-02-28 20:59

Yes, one om my two boys are castrated! :)

KaninenKnut
2017-02-28 20:59

*of

iWontBite
2017-03-07 12:53

Got one castrated buck and one castrated doe out of 9 buns WinkingBuck because he turned out to have rabbits in his  pedigree directly linked to defects, and doe because she was very hormonal and I thought she'd feel better without that. The rest I have either just not felt the need to or plan on having litters from later on

Scroll to top
Annons: