Annons:
Tagrabbits
Read 3765 times
Mejalin
2017-03-16 12:04

How important is a rabbits pedigree/genealogy?

How important is it for you that your rabbits have a pedegree or a genealogy(?)?

Don't know how you have it in your country. But in Sweden we give out folders with like their tribes even with rabbits how is not purepreed.

-'  Malin Hultman, Host of Rabbit Savvity
Snowflake's Kaniner - Breeding of showjumping rabbits in Sweden
Blog | 500px | Instagram

Annons:
Tealover
2017-03-16 12:35

That depends. I used to breed Gotlandskaniner (I don't have rabbits right now) so when it comes to med owning rabbits, they had to have pedigree, (I didn't want to have a rabbit i Couldn't breed on unless it was "retired"), since it's hard to breed Gotlandskaniner without having gotlandskaniner.

But, if I wouldn't breed I would probebly have a crossbreed, since I had Gotlandskaniner to save the race, not becaouse it's "finer" to have a rabbit with pedigree

If you get what I mean

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Grodan
2017-03-16 15:20

I think genealogy is very important in all breeding. You get a lot of information about the animal. 

I don´t breed rabbits, I breed mice and rats with pedigrees and pay much attention to lifespan, health, behavior and temperament in the line. I can only find information about the family tree if everything is well documented. So sometimes a full written pedigree is not enough when I can´t find out lifespan and health issues and so on.

Host 4 mouse - Welcome!   <:3 }~~~

Nejtix
2017-03-20 15:54

I think it's very important in breeding, like others have said, but for a house rabbit it's not that important. Though, it's nice to know the breed of your rabbit. :)

Scroll to top
Annons: