Annons:
Taggeneral-rabbits
Read 4029 times
Niklas
2017-03-27 09:41

What does a pet rabbit eat?

What different food does a rabbit need every day? Does it differ between breeds?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
=^_^=
2017-10-01 20:35

They should have free access to hay, and then a certain amount of pellets depending on season, age, activity, size etc. You can give different vegetables/fruits, but it's not necessary, and you should not give too much as they can be quite sensitive. Leafy vegetables are good though, you can give alot of that, with a few exceptions. Never do any quick changes in their diet and introduce new food slowly, even if it's something healthy and good for rabbits.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Niklas
2017-10-01 22:47

Okay. What are pellets made of? Are they for vitamins and minerals?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

=^_^=
2017-10-02 19:30

#2 It's mainly for vitamins and minerals, yes, but I'm not sure what they are made of exactly. I don't have much knowledge of the subject tbh, but I'm guessing the ingredients can differ widely between brands. I will do a lot more research if I ever decide to get new rabbits. (Haven't had any for years).

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Tiger tok
2017-12-09 08:37

Just remember that pellets isn't neccessary for all rabbits. I got six rabbits in different age,breed and size, only two of them need pellets.

Tealover
2018-01-09 17:08

#4 Theres actually a great book on the subjekt in english called "beyond the pellet"

My rabbits neve ate pellets 🙂

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Maleficum
2018-01-10 18:42

My blind angora rabbit have eaten sprouted lintels for at least two years and no pellets (he also have hay and when I'm home he have free range of the garden with grass and herbs).

He got pellets when he was still growing and because different reasons I had to begin giving him pellets again a few weeks back.

A good pellets have a base of hay or alfalfa (lucerne). But the most important food for rabbits are hay and grass and herbs.

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: