Annons:
Tagrabbits
Read 3069 times
Leia
2018-09-05 22:29

How to clicker train your rabbit

I recently bought my own clicker in hope to start clicker training my bunny.

I have watched many videos of the past few days on youtube and I think this one is definitely the best to follow for beginners.  Does your rabbit know any tricks?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Tammie
2018-09-06 08:03

Keep us posted on your progress. It will be very fun to hear how well the training goes.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Leia
2018-09-08 20:03

I will do!

All the best, Leia

Maleficum
2018-10-27 16:26

Kenzie can do recall :)

I began doing some clicker training  when Kenzie was young but it became difficult after he became blind because he can smell the treats and get to focused on them and totally ignore the clicker and me :P

But he is really good in training me instead! ;)

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Leia
2018-10-29 21:58

Aw bless him! How do you accommodate for his blindness around the home?

All the best, Leia

Maleficum
2018-10-31 20:27

#4 I actually don't need to do much accommodation because he have a great inner map in his head :P If I move things around I just talk to him and he knows things have moved. And I never close my door to the bedroom because he runs and hides under the bed when scared of something and I always have the backdoor fully open when he is outside in the garden if something get scary and he runs inside.

He jumps up and down the sofa and bed (only I that's thinks it scary when he is about to jump down my bed ;)).

But he now exactly where he is so no problem moving between home and the summerhouse and he loves exploring new places :) And he now exactly who is visiting (for example he can lay around sleeping while my nice is running around shouting and jumping and throwing thing but as soon he hear someone footsteps he is not familiar with he runs and hide :P

He had more problems in the beginning when he still had some sight. Then he run in to things and got easily scared of movement because he still tried to use his sight (had to put a bell on the dog so he could hear him better and not get scared when the dog did sudden movements, later he used the dog for navigating around by putting his whiskers against the dogs leg and follow him around) as soon as he lost the sight completely he used his hearing more.

Leia
2018-10-31 22:25

It’s great that he’s dealt with it so well! Lucky to have a owner so accommodating too!

All the best, Leia

Annons:
Leia
2018-10-31 22:25

It’s great that he’s dealt with it so well! Lucky to have a owner so accommodating too!

All the best, Leia

Maleficum
2018-11-02 20:52

For people not to knowing in rabbit behaviour they could probably not tell he is blind.

Two short video clips of him:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgUKQ8HB6pU/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgJKJebhDTl/

The Dutch bunny are my friends bunny who I sometime "bunny sit". Kenzie aren't always to fond of him (but on the good days he allows the get groomed but Kenzie is the big boss in this house :P)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjhqS-oASLA/

Leia
2018-11-05 14:51

They are both so adorable 😍

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons: