Annons:
Tagrabbits
Read 2731 times
Leia
2018-11-09 21:10

Rabbit won’t stop pooping everywhere

My bunny Charlie has been litter trained since I got him at 6 months old, I’ve never really had a problem with him up until late. I recently just changed the position on his set up in the living, although he does mostly still poo and wee in his litter box he has decided to wee on the sofa twice and will run around leaving his droppings everywhere and poo on the sofa if you’re sat there! I still need to neuter him, and I know this could be a cause but do you have any tips of how to stop his behaviour? May it just be because I changed his set up and he needs to get used to it?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Maleficum
2018-11-09 23:09

I think it will be better after neutering :) But he may still do it some times to mark his territory!

If I have people or other animals over to visit (especially people or other animals he arn't to familiar with) Kenzie will poop to mark his territory. Totally normal behaviour (especially with a high ranking bossy bunny as Kenzie!). Before he was neutered he would wee on the dog to mark him as his property (and love interest) but he, luckily, stopped as soon as he was neutered.

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Leia
2018-11-12 22:31

#1 aww the poor dog!Laughing out loud Do you have any tips on introducing older rabbits to a dog? 

Charlie is a free roaming rabbit but I decided to contain him in a pen for a few hours a day, it's not completely solved the problem but it has definitely helped!

All the best, Leia

Maleficum
2018-11-16 10:58

I mostly introduced new dogs to my blind bunny but I would do pretty much the same with a seeing bunny.

A lot depend on the dog too. How interested the dog is i rabbits but I always keep the dog on a leash in the beginning and let the rabbit roam free as it is use to (so it can hide if things get scary) and then let the rabbit take thing in it's own time.

If the dog is to interested I try to distract it or take it away until it calms down.

Some dogs I would never trust fully with the rabbit and would never leave them alone together while some dogs (like our labrador, who is afraid of rabbits) I trust fully and can leave alone together.

I would be more cautious  with dogs of hunting breeds (it could go rally bad if they act on pure instinct in some situations even if they are friends with the rabbit in other situations) and terriers than of pure non-sporting dog breeds.

Just take it slow and don't rush anything! :)

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

Leia
2018-11-16 21:03

#3 Great advice! I'm hoping to introduce my bunny to my mothers while I stay there over the Christmas period!

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons: