Annons:
Tagrabbits
Read 2932 times
Leia
2018-12-17 16:44

Rabbit Neutering

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

My Charlie is getting neutered tomorrow!

Do you have any tips on how I can make him feel more comfortable when I bring him home? What was your experience like when you had your rabbit neutered?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Maleficum
2018-12-17 17:05

Both my male bunnys acted as usual after castration. So I didn't do anything special after.

The one I have now (Kenzie) got castrated on my kitchen table and he was so relaxed from the beginning so he didn't have to get the whole dose of the sleeping medication but he also had some trouble waking up when I had him in my lap because he felt to comfortable so had to put him in his transport to wake up, no problem with his appetite thou. https://youtu.be/lHVEFxRNzRc

Deviantart, photos, drawing and paintings.

jordan
2018-12-19 00:00

Hope it went well!

Leia
2018-12-19 22:28

Turns out Charlie is not a he but a she! Obviously, the surgery was a lot more complicated as a female and although the procedure went well I was very worried the night after. She was refusing to eat and I had to try and syringe feed her but that didn't go down well. Today shes happier to eat a few veggies and hay from my hand but I was very worried at one point.

All the best, Leia

Maleficum
2018-12-20 22:58

#3 What a surprise! But glad it went well :)

jordan
2018-12-20 23:41

Glad to hear things are better now at least!

Leia
2018-12-21 21:02

Update: Charlie had her post-op checkup at the vets today and her wound is healing just fine also she's eating a lot more so my mini panic is over!

All the best, Leia

Annons:
Maleficum
2018-12-22 11:09

It's good she feels better and eat more like normal :D Hope she is herself in no time!

Leia
2018-12-25 23:39

#7 Thank-you!

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons: